Friday, April 8, 2011

A cry..

Tonight I'm on my own.
No one has asked me to dance.
There are no men to take me,
nor any friends willing.

I am alone and I cry out. I want to dance! I want to be chosen!

But none do.

It's the last time.
Before I know it the days will have passed.
And the chance to go is gone.
Beyond my reach and unattainable.

I am alone and I cry out. I want to dance! I want to be chosen!

Will anyone choose me?

Everyone leaves, in their pretty little couples.
Dressed to the nines, flowers in hand.
They post smiling pictures, sharing their experience.
An experience I'll never have.

I am alone and I cry out! I want to dance! I want to be chosen!

Please! Does anyone want me?

I'm told they don't deserve me.
That it'll be boring.
Does the location, the music, matter?
I just want someone to want me. To choose me.

I am alone and I cry out! I want to dance! I want to be chosen!

No one chooses me.

They are oblivious to the wounds it inflicts.
Their smiling faces and photographs.
Unconscious that of the way
All this brings up old scars.

I am alone and I cry out! I want to dance! I want to be chosen!

No one thinks to ask me.

I am vanilla pudding.
The girl next door.
Everyone's friend.
Why would they ask me?

I am alone and I cry out! I want to dance! I want to be chosen!

What keeps me from being chosen?

The chance comes and goes.
The dresses are put away.
I go to the dinner alone,
No one by my side.

I am alone and I cry out. I wanted to chance, but I wasn't chosen.

I am abandoned.

These years are nearly up.
Yet I've never once been asked.
The pain gets buried again,
And these wounds are never healed.

I am alone and I cry out for you! Where are you? The prince of my stories?

Why haven't you come?

How much longer do I have to wait?
Wait to be asked?
Would you even ask?
Would you even dance?

I am alone, waiting for you. Come fast, come quick. My heart wearies.

Are you on the horizon?

But I wait.
Cheeks tear-stained and eyes blurred.
Dearest, Darling, My Love.
Ask me to dance.

Join me, heal me, sooth the wounds and chase away the fears. Come blessed by love and The Almighty.

Answer my cry.





5 comments:

  1. Oh Janae... you have no idea how many coincidences happen to me... >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. *hugs softly* Thank you, love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog! =D *happy*

    Oh, this is Hannah/iWrite, btw...

    www.homeschoolblogger.com/mycameraandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa that's awesome...and as you know it's just how I feel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came across your blog via a friend's blog and I've so enjoyed browsing through it! this poem in particular was very moving and poignantly beautiful. I'm sure every girl has felt this before. It was soothing in a way to hear it expressed so perfectly by someone else. It lets me know that I'm not alone.

    Thank you for writing. I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete