Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Spring!

Sorry guys about all the background changes. I've been messing around with some different themes and tidbits. I finally decided on this one, it's nice and fresh and I love the color. A Few things to check out:

I have pages now! YAY! I'll posting all my sewing projects and statuses in "Under the Needle".
Causes and projects I support are in "Do Something About It". And lastly, all the people and blogs I love are in "From Their Fingertips".

And now for some fun! Despite the rain from the past few days, I've managed to plant my herb garden for the year and I'm so excited about it. Everything's so green! I've got some pics, and I hope you enjoy!

Herbs I planted: Basil, Chamomile, Cilantro, Fennel, Lavender, Lemon Balm, Mint, Oregano, Rosemary, Sage, Taragon, and Thyme! Not all are planted, as some I have to do seedlings, and others I have as cuttings in mason jars in the kitchen window sill. :D But, here are the few I did this afternoon.


Back view of it. Daddy built me a bed alongside the fence with all these lovely flowers behind it!
Frontal view. That's Dad in the background with the straw hat. XD
Sage!
Mint!

Note: I apologize for the sad state of the photos. Due to my camera not allowing me to load pictures to the comp, I've had to use the camcorder. I'm working on saving for a much better one. But until then, well, deal with it. :P ;)



3 comments:

  1. Cool! N you didn't even tell me...I like the new look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I did! Huh...oh well. :D Like the last pic?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your garden! It's absolutly brilliant! I thought I might tell you though, mint is very invasive. It will choke out plants around it within 2 seasons. I have mine in a pot and even then it is sending out runners down to the ground. And it broke one of my clay pots and got into the flowerbed. Pretty soon you will have more mint then you want.

    Just thought I'd let you know!

    ReplyDelete