Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thursday Tidbits

Just a few things to note.

1. Incase anyone was wondering, I got contacts this week. Apparently, the glasses aren't doing their job, which is rather a let down.
[I thought they were rather awesome, in my humble opinion.]
But as Dr. Bestwinna let me know, my right eye is 4 times worse than before. Yeah. Shocked me too. Didn't think I would get my parents' eyes so early. :P
[Love you mom and dad!]
And now I am no longer a cyclops. My left eye needs them now too. Great. Oh, and to top it all off the right one has astigmatism. Lovely. SO. I have contacts. And since I had them for a short time before, [in the right eye only, since the left one was fine two years ago] the right eye's contact fits fine, and I don't notice. The left however....oh dear. I can't seem to get used to it. I'm beginning to wonder if I have it in wrong. >_> It hurts and my eye is leaking like Niagara Falls. Which, believe me, isn't pleasant.
At all.
[See? It's red. Like MY EYE.]
But the contacts look nice on me. :D And I don't have black rims around everything anymore!

2. Numéro deux.
[That's French for Number two.]
The Rebelution tour is coming to Nashvegas! Huzzah! If you've never heard of the Rebelution, check this out:


Wanna come? Sign up here!
I'll be at the door, registering people. So..I guess if you want to see me too, sign up. :P Cause I'm such an amazing draw.
[Sarcasm, anyone?]

3. Update on my reading list.
Currently reading:
-Twelfth Night by The Lovely Shakespeare
and
-Radical by David Platt
Twelth Night is almost finished [after which, I have to write a few papers and answer questions. Good times. :D], and I'm entering the fourth chapter in Radical. Radical is slower to read, but much more challenging, mentally and spiritually. And also more rewarding.
[Twelfth Night is just fun.]
I noticed something. No one is joining me in reading even one of the books on my list.
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!
I know, I know. I'm some freak who LOVES to read. Get over it. You should too. It's fun. And rewarding. And ... learn-i-ish. I love made up words. :D
But seriously. Huckleberry Finn is not hard to read. For that matter, neither is Shakespeare. Despite what your 8th grade English Class taught you years ago. You CAN love Shakespeare. Trust me. I'm not the only one who does. :P
[I'm pointing to you, you writers I know that follow my blog. You traitors of all things bookish.]
[Can you see my lovely sense of the dramatic here?]
So. GO. READ. JOIN ME. PLEASE. Do you think I enjoy explaining all of Shakespeare puns with Mumsie Dearest? I thought not.
I leave you with this. Simply cause I find it horridly ironic and it's one of my favorite verses to quote. Especially when Dad starts egging on me to study for the ACT. Again.
[Which is rather a smart thing to do, but don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
I mean, I can trust the World Wide Web, right?]
Here it is:
{But regarding anything beyond this, dear friend, go easy. There's no end to the publishing of books, and constant study wears you out so you're no good for anything else.}
-Ecclesiastes 12:12 MSG

2 comments:

  1. Join the being nearly blind club! Ha I didnt realize we go to the same eye DR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did! :P Yeah, lucky me. -_-

    ReplyDelete